Friday, February 3, 2012

Miss Universe Leila Lopes Pledges to Combat HIV

I know that you are very much excited to hear news for the reigning Miss Universe and she really is very much busy with her responsibilities. When Leila Lopes bested the 88 other candidates in the previous Miss Universe pageant and her life has changed. She is the second African woman who bagged the crown after 12 years. The world has welcomed her and she is loved by the crowed the moment she was competing for the crown. Leila Lopes is now on her campaign to combat HIV. She wanted to clear out the world of HIV by preventing it.

The 25-year-old beauty queen pledged to help Angola move past its history of war and impoverishment. Angola’s image in the world as developing country and as a civil war torn country makes a bad image for the country and she wanted to erase those thought and put among the minds of the people that there is peace and beautiful places in Angola. 

LEILA LOPES: "As Miss Angola I've already done a lot to help my people." "I've worked with various social causes. I work with poor kids; I work in the fight against HIV. I work to protect the elderly and I have to do everything that my country needs. I think now as Miss Universe I will be able to do much more."

Ximena Navarrete surrendered her crown to the reigning Miss Universe Leila Lopes. In the upcoming Miss Universe pageant Leila Lopes will also crown her successor and this is going to be excited for all of us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips